Tuesday, June 24, 2008

THE DECEIVED in Bookstores TODAY



Today's pub day for both my new novel, THE DECEIVED, and for the mass paperback of my first novel, THE CLEANER, both featuring freelance op Jonathan Quinn.

Anonymity. Trust. Professionalism. In his world, Jonathan Quinn has a few rules. He’ll get rid of bodies that have to disappear; nothing ever gets traced back to him. But when Quinn is called to a busy Los Angeles port where a shipping container has just come in from the sea, it’s clear his rules have been violated. Inside the crate is a dead man—a man who once saved Quinn’s life. And while no one knows how CIA agent Steven Markoff died, Quinn has to do more than clean. He has to find Markoff’s girlfriend, Jenny. To tell her that Markoff is dead. To find out why—and why someone sent Markoff’s body to him.

Until a week ago, Jenny Fuentes was an assistant to an ambitious congressman. Now Jenny is missing, too, and a lot of man power is making sure she isn’t found. But Quinn has his own man power. He has tools that can pry into secrets held anywhere in the world. He has the skill to trade blows with killers and spies. And he has covert weapons: his eager and smart apprentice, Nate, and brilliant Orlando, his closest friend, who’s saved his life more than once.

Racing from the corridors of power in Washington to the bustling streets of Singapore, Quinn won’t stop until he uncovers the truth behind his friend’s violent death, the astounding reason Jenny has vanished—and what she knows about the most explosive deception of all.


Let me know if you have a chance to read it, then let me know what you think!

-------

CONTEST WINNERS

The latest sweepstakes ended last night, and we have two winners. Rena P. from Oklahoma City, OK, and Melissa R. from Roswell, GA. Congratulations to both of you. Your signed copies of THE DECEIVED will be in the mail very soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will go out and buy it today! Sorry I couldn't make the Mystery Bookstore launch. FORGIVE ME!!!

xxoo

Tasha Alexander said...

Picked up my copy this morning----it's gorgeous!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Spy Scribbler said...

I picked it up today, first thing. I LOVE the first chapter! Your voice has gotten more you, totally awesome. I can't wait to settle in with the rest of it tonight!

PS: Your interview will go up tonight, too!

PPS: I saw the paperback for The Cleaner, too, and I love how they kept the gun that shiny silver. I was wondering what they were going to do with the paperback.

debby said...

picked up a copy and read it all in the same day. it was great! i also read the cleaner. i read lee child so this was right up my alley. nothing against Mr. Child but the deceiver was actually better than his last book. i work in a book store so when people ask me to reccomend something along the lines of lee child i reccomend your books and tell them to keep an eye out for anything new. now all i can do is wait in anticipation for your next one

Brett Battles said...

Thanks everyone! And Debby, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you recommending my book at your store. Thank you SO much.

Todd said...

Fantastic Book!
I've read about 50 books this year, all in the genre, and I just love the character of Quinn, and I love the voice you write with.
I had a personal countdown to when this book came out, and I can't wait to hear news about your next book!
Keep 'em coming, good sir!

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky...I had a miserable lay over on the way back from vacationing in the Carribean so I went to the book store in the New York airport. I have to admit that I am not much of a reader, but I picked up The Deceived and I couldn't put it down...I had to go out and by The Cleaner which took me all of 3 days to read. I can't wait for the third installment! If you can get me that interested you must be a hell of a writer and Brett my friend you are as gifted as they come. I look forward to future books.

Brett Battles said...

Wow...thanks, Matt. Glad you enjoyed them. And also glad to hear the book was in the airport. Thanks for the note. Look for the next one next summer!