Spent much of the weekend at Book Expo America (BEA) held this year at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Saw a lot of old friends. A couple of highlights:
1. Ran out of books at my signing on Sunday less than 40 minutes into an hour signing!
2. The MWA party on Friday night at the Edison in downtown LA...very cool.
3. Dinner after the party with Naomi Hirahara, Bill Cameron, Robert Gregory Browne, and Bill's agent Janet Reid.
4. Got home Friday night to find out that I'd been NOMINATED for a BARRY AWARD for BEST THRILLER!!
(see all the noms here)
5. On Sunday the new ITW newsletter came out and there's a feature on me.
See it here.
And to top it all off...a little league game with my son on Saturday, and my daughter dancing the hula on stage at the Hawaiian Festival in Northridge on Sunday Afternoon.
That makes for a pretty good weekend.