Friday, December 21, 2007

Musical Inspiration #13 And A Holiday Break

I'm going dark for a few days to celebrity the holidays with family, but to keep in the Holiday spirit and as our morning musical selection...a special tune. I remember this one from when I was a kid. I remember for years trying to find a recording of it. It wasn't until sometime later I discovered a 45 of it at a record store.

But now, thanks to YouTube, you can both hear and see the performance.

When worlds collide...Bing Crosby and David Bowie...Little Drummer Boy


Robin said...

How nice and intriguing was that. Thanks.

Happy Holidays!


Anonymous said...

I've heard this song a gazillion times and never knew that was Bowie. Now, I wonder who the genius was who suggested they sing together and whether this was before or after the Ziggy Stardust days. I can't imagine Bing's "people" signing on for a duet after seeing David in that get up :).
Have a Merry Christmas Friend.